Monday, September 21, 2009

Who needs a shrink?



















When I was thirteen years old, just about to graduate the eighth grade and move onto high school, my mom lost the key to the attic door. She said that I stole the key from her and was hiding it. Many things went through my head naturally. Like, what would I want with the key or why would I want to keep her from getting into the attic? When I would not return the key to her she
threatened to send me to live with my father and even hold me back into the eight grade.
Keep me from moving into high school with my friends? I was hysterical as any sociable thirteen year old girl would be. I was legally put into therapy and had to see a psychiatrist twice a week and be medicated. My mom had convinced the shrink that I took the infamous key. So every day the doctor would ask casually, "So... wheres the key?" And just before I was about to be condemned and forced to stay behind in middle school my mother found the key. She said I "planted" it for her to find because I was too much of a spineless little vermin to give it back.
I continued too be medicated and analyzed for nine months.

So, who needs the shrink?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I knew your mom was a "horrible woman", but I never knew she was that bad. I'd pity you, but I'm sure you don't want my pity. Besides, are pasts are what make us us, and this made you Noel. It's not a good way to grow up, but we can't choose that, now can we?

    ReplyDelete