Monday, October 19, 2009

A memior.

I'm at school, thought you'd like to know.

I'm recalling an insident that occured thursday night.
For our personal enjoyment.

To lazy to fix spelling and grammer now, so bare with me.



I walk into the house after dinner with Eduardo, as I pass through the kitchen I notice that:
I havent really been home in three days and their is a disgusting pile of dishes in the sink.
I decide that the dishes are disgusting, and although I was not around to make the mess
I feel obligated to remove it. So I take off my coat and put my purse down in the other room.

So, I beguin to fill the sink with hot water and prepare them to be wahed. (We do not own a dishwasher, for whatever reason.) As I beguin to scrub the first plate I can hear my stepfather
rise from his favorite chair in the other room, moving across the house with haste, work boots clumping obnoxiously on the hardwood.
He stops in the doorway of the kitchen and says "What are you doing?!" with the same tone you would imagine someone to use whom discovered you pouring gasoline all over the floor, or perhaps, throwing the dishes rather than washing them. He uses this tone often, and it has grown to hold a special place of disgust in my heart. When I hear this tone, I immeditly feel completly disturbed.

"WHAT are you doing?" He repeats to me.
I turn and give him a look that expressed the natural feelings I have. Like; What does it look like I'm doing and/or why are you such a psycho?

"Dont you make that stupid face! What are you doing?!" His face flushes red and his voice escilates to a higher pitch. When he's mad, he sounds like a prepeubessant boy.
The tone of his voice does its worst, there is probably nothing that can make me more perturbed.

"I was washing the dishes." I say and take my hands out of the water, beguin to dry them and remove myself from the kitchen. He calles after me.
"No your not! Where is your phone bill! I was doing the dishes!"

Really? Harassed for washing dishes? This is funny because, he likes to complain to my mother about how I make no effort to help out around the house. My phone bill? Its the middel of the month and I already owe? Am I paying two phone bills? And "I was doing the dishes!" strange, from your recliner chair and at ten thirty at night, you were activly washing dishes?

I go into my room and scream into my pillow. Bite my hand, and pull my hair to keep myself from having an outburst. My mother heard the whole thing and apparently thinks their is nothing wrong with the situation. She hides in her room as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment